Classical Music/Moonlight Sonata

I am learning to read music. Now I am typing Moonlight Sonata into score players as an exercise. What are the meaning those Italian names?

Especially in 2nd movement, "Trio."
I googled and found it is part of "scherzo and trio". But I cannot find any more explanation about that.

And the words at the end of 1st movement, 2nd movement, 3rd movement, what are they?
D.C. means repeat, but Allegetoo D.C., repeat with a faster tempo?

What an excellent sonata!  "Minuet and Trio" - this was a form for a middle movement in a sonata which consists of two parts, the minuet and a trio, each different from the other but paired (making sense) together. They originally meant a rather slow dance followed by a section arranged for three instruments. The tempo for both parts in this case and in most is the same.  One is not performed faster than the other.  Incidentally, the "minuet" is not meant to be danced to, in Beethoven's day. Some quick speeds in some of the minuets in Beethoven's sonatas might cause cardiac arrest.
Cresc.  stands for "crescendo" which means getting gradually louder and decresc. stands for "decrescendo" or getting softer.
In the first movement,  Beethoven tells the pianist to play without the soft pedal.  In his day on the pianos he knew the soft pedal produced a radically different sound - not so much on the instruments we know.  "Da capo" means going back to the beginning ("to the head") of the movement in nearly every case but in this one, it indicates going back to the the last double bar.  Beethoven tells us not to repeat the very beginning.  The two dots BEFORE the double line tell us to repeat what we played from the double line with the dots AFTER it.  :[[ means to go back and repeat from [[:. {{:......:}}
In addition to all of this, Beethoven's instructions for the first movement are to play it "delicately".
Best of luck learning this marvelous work!

Classical Music

Curtis Stotlar

Piano performance of classical music

Performances in over thirty countries on four continents Teaching experience at Vassar College and the Conservatoire de Neuilly Currently Professor of Music at the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music

Eastman School of Music B.M Juilliard School M.S. Peabody Conservatory of Music Doctoral Program Student of Nadia Boulanger, Wilhelm Kempff, Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli