Classical Music/Playing Chopin's Nocturne Opus 15 no 2

I need help with Chopin's Nocturne no 5 Opus 15 no 2
In the Doppio movimento section 9th Bar(dotted rhythm with triplets# should I double dot this rhythm(just before the triplet)?
Thanks for your kind help
Louisa Fairley

You had me on this one.  I'd honestly never noticed although I've played this nocturne all my life!
Yes, by all means, observe the dot.  I've never heard a performance that does and yet Chopin went out of his way to put it in - and quite specifically. It makes for a mess for the pianist indeed but at the doppio movement it's not impossible.  Thanks for bringing this glitch to my attention.

Classical Music

Curtis Stotlar

Piano performance of classical music

Performances in over thirty countries on four continents Teaching experience at Vassar College and the Conservatoire de Neuilly Currently Professor of Music at the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music

Eastman School of Music B.M Juilliard School M.S. Peabody Conservatory of Music Doctoral Program Student of Nadia Boulanger, Wilhelm Kempff, Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli