Classical Music/Playing Chopin's Nocturne Opus 15 no 2

Question
I need help with Chopin's Nocturne no 5 Opus 15 no 2
In the Doppio movimento section 9th Bar(dotted rhythm with triplets# should I double dot this rhythm(just before the triplet)?
Thanks for your kind help
regards
Louisa Fairley

Answer
You had me on this one.  I'd honestly never noticed although I've played this nocturne all my life!
Yes, by all means, observe the dot.  I've never heard a performance that does and yet Chopin went out of his way to put it in - and quite specifically. It makes for a mess for the pianist indeed but at the doppio movement it's not impossible.  Thanks for bringing this glitch to my attention.

Curtis  

Classical Music

Curtis Stotlar