Classical Music/Would you know the title of this piece please?

Question
QUESTION: Hi Marbeth,I would love to know the composer and title to this music if you can recognize it at all,thank you.
Kind regards Andre.

It is the track playing on the York arms web site under their video section. They nor their web designers responded to my email asking the same question.

http://www.yorke-arms.co.uk/video.php

ANSWER: Oh, I do like this piece!

I have never heard it, however.  It's not Mozart or Beethoven, or anything before them.  Does sound like Schubert or Schumann.  Chopin never wrote anything like this.  Not Brahms or Dvorak.

It might be a contemporary English composer (long shot for Ralph Vaughn-Williams). Possibly Elgar; lower possibility of Holtz.

My guess, however, is that it is a modern composition, perhaps from a BBC series.  Maybe Davies?  (Tho it's not "Pride and Prejudice" - the one with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth.)

Did you try the website-maker? My guess is that the establishment did not make its own website.  You might be able to get hold of the exact person who did it; or perhaps there is a person there who chooses the music.

You might also do a web search on BBC programs and see if any of those have music or music info on them.

Sorry I can't tell you the title.  I hope you will find it, as this charming piece is worth playing whenever you want!
mb

QUESTION: Thanks that's great, will help me hunt it down and probably find similar stuff which is a bonus.
I did ask the web designer but they didn't respond.
You have your ratings turned off btw.
Ha 10/10.

Answer
Yes, I have them turned off.  And I thank you for taking the time to write back.  Those who really care will take the extra step to do so, as you did.

Another idea.  Search on "composers tv series" and see what pops up, such as (my example from before) Carl Davis [sorry for previous misspelling!] and BBC's "Pride and Prejudice".  Or add 'english' and see what else may pop up. It just sounds like something written today for some media something.

In which case, if English copyright law is anything like American copyright law, the website is probably in violation!  In the U.S., anything 1922 and before is public domain.  This piece doesn't sound like anything before 1922 to me!  

Happy searching.  When you find it, it will sound all the better to you!
mb

Classical Music

Martha Beth Lewis