Classical Music/orchestra music

can you please identify a piece of music for me. i have looked for weeks, asked everyone i know who knows about orchestra music but i can't find the composer. its in a show called teen wolf i know i have heard it some where before but i cant remember. you can find it in episode 6 season 2 called “Frenemy” this is the link (copy and past in your web browser)  it starts at 3:26 minutes  thank you

I have never heard this piece.

At first I thought, Tchaikovsky or Mussorgsky (something like "Night on Bald Mountain") or Brahms.  Then the cymbal roll; they didn't do anything like that.  Maybe Prokofiev, but probably not.  Unlikely to be Shostakovitch because it's not dissonant enough.

I'm guessing it's a piece written specifically for it, even though it sounds "classical."  Probably not John Williams; he only works big budget stuff.

I suggest you get hold of the production company; search on the web. OR, if the music is available on CD/whatever, the compositions will be listed there.  AND if there are credits at the end, the compositions will be listed there; you may have to freeze-frame several times, as usually they roll by with lightening speed!  You might also google by show title and 'music list' or something like that.

I'm sorry I can't help you more specifically.

Classical Music

Martha Beth Lewis

I have a PhD in musicology, with expertise in medieval - Renaissance - Baroque - Classical periods, but I'll try to help you with any period.

>>*****IMPORTANT NOTE*****<<: I do not answer questions marked "private." I don't want to type the same thing to someone else later if I typed it to you already! If you mark your request "private," I will send it back to you requesting you to remove the "private" flag. Thanks for your understanding. Remember, I'm a volunteer.

My answers are not toss-offs. If I don't know the answer, I will do my best to find it.

I have many requests to identify a piece of music. If I can't identify it, I will tell you (1) what composer I think it is; (2) what composer or composers I think it is not; (3) what style period, genre, etc. I think it is or is not. And give you any other help I can to help you find the answer.

Please find a clear clip. In the interest of good computer hygiene, I will not download a clip. Nor will I go to a site where I must "register" in order to hear the clip. Please mount the clip on a public site for which you can give me a direct URL. Thanks for your understanding in this. Remember, I'm a volunteer!

Students, I do NOT do homework questions. The purpose of answering questions on assignments is not only to learn the information, but to LEARN HOW TO FIND IT. Re-read chapter. Look in the index. Look in the references given at the end of the chapter or elsewhere in the book. You also probably can find the answer using Google. Don't be lazy. I wouldn't be doing you any favors by doing your homework for you! I already know the answer. You don't. You need to find it. MORE IMPORTANTLY, you need to learn HOW to find it. That's the whole purpose of education, after all!

I ask that you >>COME BACK TO READ MY RESPONSE<<. I've taken time to write the best response I can, so you should come back to read it! It's disheartening to respond to a question, only to see later that the person has not bothered to come back. Remember: I'm a volunteer!

I am happy to help you - that's why I volunteered - but please remember I *am* a volunteer and extend me normal courtesies, such as no multiple submissions and not bothering to come back for your answer. mb

If you submit a question to other Experts or the pool, I'd appreciate it if you would >>NOT<< submit it to me, also. It's like asking several people out on a date and choosing among those who said yes! This implies my time and particular expertise are worth nothing to you. I want to spend my time responding to those who find my qualifications germane to their question. Remember: I'm a volunteer!