Classical Music/unknown orchestral music - MASH

QUESTION: I apologize that this is a little complicated.  I am a classical music fan.  In the TV show M*A*S*H, in episode 239, entitled "Picture This", there are several pieces of classical music throughout the episode, mostly by Tchaikovsky.  Those I recognize well.  In the last 2-3 minutes of the episode, the character Charles is playing a recording, and at the end, the character Hawkeye gets up and turns up the volume, and then the piece plays at this louder volume during the final freeze frame.  That piece, the piece at the very end of that episode, is the piece I have been trying to identify for months with no luck.  You may be able to find version of this episode online.  If you could identify this piece, I would be eternally grateful.  Many thanks.  
Mike :-)

ANSWER: I will be happy to help you.  Please provide me with the link so I can listen. mb

QUESTION: Dear Marbeth,
Thank you.  At this link:
you can watch or download the episode.  I believe it is in another language, but that doesn't affect the piece of music.  Again, it's right at the end of the episode.  
Thank you very much for your help.
Mike :-)

Well, I'm trying!  I can't get the link to load.  Tried all day yesterday; no joy.  Tried again today; still no joy.  Drat!!!!  Do you have another source of a link? mb

Please send me the "timing" spot (34:01, for ex).  I don't want to mistake which piece you have the question about.

Classical Music

Martha Beth Lewis

I have a PhD in musicology, with expertise in medieval - Renaissance - Baroque - Classical periods, but I'll try to help you with any period.

>>*****IMPORTANT NOTE*****<<: I do not answer questions marked "private." I don't want to type the same thing to someone else later if I typed it to you already! If you mark your request "private," I will send it back to you requesting you to remove the "private" flag. Thanks for your understanding. Remember, I'm a volunteer.

My answers are not toss-offs. If I don't know the answer, I will do my best to find it.

I have many requests to identify a piece of music. If I can't identify it, I will tell you (1) what composer I think it is; (2) what composer or composers I think it is not; (3) what style period, genre, etc. I think it is or is not. And give you any other help I can to help you find the answer.

Please find a clear clip. In the interest of good computer hygiene, I will not download a clip. Nor will I go to a site where I must "register" in order to hear the clip. Please mount the clip on a public site for which you can give me a direct URL. Thanks for your understanding in this. Remember, I'm a volunteer!

Students, I do NOT do homework questions. The purpose of answering questions on assignments is not only to learn the information, but to LEARN HOW TO FIND IT. Re-read chapter. Look in the index. Look in the references given at the end of the chapter or elsewhere in the book. You also probably can find the answer using Google. Don't be lazy. I wouldn't be doing you any favors by doing your homework for you! I already know the answer. You don't. You need to find it. MORE IMPORTANTLY, you need to learn HOW to find it. That's the whole purpose of education, after all!

I ask that you >>COME BACK TO READ MY RESPONSE<<. I've taken time to write the best response I can, so you should come back to read it! It's disheartening to respond to a question, only to see later that the person has not bothered to come back. Remember: I'm a volunteer!

I am happy to help you - that's why I volunteered - but please remember I *am* a volunteer and extend me normal courtesies, such as no multiple submissions and not bothering to come back for your answer. mb

If you submit a question to other Experts or the pool, I'd appreciate it if you would >>NOT<< submit it to me, also. It's like asking several people out on a date and choosing among those who said yes! This implies my time and particular expertise are worth nothing to you. I want to spend my time responding to those who find my qualifications germane to their question. Remember: I'm a volunteer!