Classical Music/Music Identification

Hello Marbeth -

I'm trying to track down a specific piece of music that was featured on the Rick Steve's Europe series. The music was played in the episode "France's Liore: Chateau Country" in the lead in to the Chenonceau scene.

I would love to track it down. Thank you for your time and consideration.

I do not know this piece, but it is a "contemporary" piece.  Sort of an "elevator music" piece; soothing and unobtrusive.

I don't know the nationality of the composer, but it is likely American or French.

Did you look at the credits at the end of the episode?  Normally, the info is there.

You might also look at Rick Steeve's (Steve's - or however it's spelled!) website.

If no joy, you might submit this to the question "pool".

Sorry I can't do better for you!

Classical Music

Martha Beth Lewis

I have a PhD in musicology, with expertise in medieval - Renaissance - Baroque - Classical periods, but I'll try to help you with any period.

>>*****IMPORTANT NOTE*****<<: I do not answer questions marked "private." I don't want to type the same thing to someone else later if I typed it to you already! If you mark your request "private," I will send it back to you requesting you to remove the "private" flag. Thanks for your understanding. Remember, I'm a volunteer.

My answers are not toss-offs. If I don't know the answer, I will do my best to find it.

I have many requests to identify a piece of music. If I can't identify it, I will tell you (1) what composer I think it is; (2) what composer or composers I think it is not; (3) what style period, genre, etc. I think it is or is not. And give you any other help I can to help you find the answer.

Please find a clear clip. In the interest of good computer hygiene, I will not download a clip. Nor will I go to a site where I must "register" in order to hear the clip. Please mount the clip on a public site for which you can give me a direct URL. Thanks for your understanding in this. Remember, I'm a volunteer!

Students, I do NOT do homework questions. The purpose of answering questions on assignments is not only to learn the information, but to LEARN HOW TO FIND IT. Re-read chapter. Look in the index. Look in the references given at the end of the chapter or elsewhere in the book. You also probably can find the answer using Google. Don't be lazy. I wouldn't be doing you any favors by doing your homework for you! I already know the answer. You don't. You need to find it. MORE IMPORTANTLY, you need to learn HOW to find it. That's the whole purpose of education, after all!

I ask that you >>COME BACK TO READ MY RESPONSE<<. I've taken time to write the best response I can, so you should come back to read it! It's disheartening to respond to a question, only to see later that the person has not bothered to come back. Remember: I'm a volunteer!

I am happy to help you - that's why I volunteered - but please remember I *am* a volunteer and extend me normal courtesies, such as no multiple submissions and not bothering to come back for your answer. mb

If you submit a question to other Experts or the pool, I'd appreciate it if you would >>NOT<< submit it to me, also. It's like asking several people out on a date and choosing among those who said yes! This implies my time and particular expertise are worth nothing to you. I want to spend my time responding to those who find my qualifications germane to their question. Remember: I'm a volunteer!