Classical Music/Tempo

Link above

What do you think the tempo of this piece is?
Can you please explain why?

This song seems to be quarter note equals 100 beats per minute. I would call that Andante (walking speed), but my metronome calls that allegretto (a little quick).  Tempo markings are usually just an estimate unless the composer gives a metronome marking.
Hope that helps!

Classical Music

Jody Doktor

I have a doctoral degree in opera performance and can answer questions relating to opera. I am also willing to answer diction questions regarding singing in English, French, German, Italian, or Czech.

I have a DMA in vocal performance from the University of Michigan and a MM in opera from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I have been working in the field of opera since 1995.

American Choral Director's Assosciation Royal School of Church Music in America National Assosciation of Teachers' of Singing American Guild of Organists

BM in education from WEstminster Choir College MM in performance from UNC-Greensboro DMA in vocal performance from the University of Michigan