Classical Music/help identifying a classical song

I wonder if you could tell me what a particular song is.  I was driving, recorded it on my cell phone, but the quality isn't good enough for any of the automatic-identify-music websites to find it.

I uploaded it...

Thank You,
-Justin Berry

Hello Justin,

You're right.  The quality isn't good enough to identify the piece, but according to the brief announcement it was part of "The Fairy Queen" or "The Faerie Queene" by English composer Henry Purcell who lived about the same time as Baroque composers J. S. Bach and G. F. Handel.  The date 1692 pops into mind - or 1693(?).  It's a particularly lovely work of the composer - actually a semi-opera, of all things! Sorry I couldn't catch more...

Classical Music

Curtis Stotlar

Piano performance of classical music

Performances in over thirty countries on four continents Teaching experience at Vassar College and the Conservatoire de Neuilly Currently Professor of Music at the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music

Eastman School of Music B.M Juilliard School M.S. Peabody Conservatory of Music Doctoral Program Student of Nadia Boulanger, Wilhelm Kempff, Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli