Classical Music/help identifying a classical song

Question
Hello,

I wonder if you could tell me what a particular song is.  I was driving, recorded it on my cell phone, but the quality isn't good enough for any of the automatic-identify-music websites to find it.

I uploaded it...  

http://www.campdamariscotta.com/20150801_voicedata0006.wav

Thank You,
-Justin Berry

Answer
Hello Justin,

You're right.  The quality isn't good enough to identify the piece, but according to the brief announcement it was part of "The Fairy Queen" or "The Faerie Queene" by English composer Henry Purcell who lived about the same time as Baroque composers J. S. Bach and G. F. Handel.  The date 1692 pops into mind - or 1693(?).  It's a particularly lovely work of the composer - actually a semi-opera, of all things! Sorry I couldn't catch more...

Curtis

Classical Music

Curtis Stotlar