Classical Music/Violin piece used in Korean drama

Dear Marbeth, my search to identify the name of the piece in this video has been fruitless so far. To me, it's rather haunting and melancholy and I feel like I've heard it before in a Celtic context, but I could be wrong. As you can tell from comments under the video, others have tried to find it too, unsuccessfully, it appears. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks so much.

I have never heard it.  It does not sound Celtic to me.  It sounds modern; as if it were written for a film or TV show.

The first few notes are the American slave song, "Going Home," which was used by Dvorak in his Symphony #9.  After the first couple of notes, the melody diverges.  I think the similarity between this music is coincidental.  That is, this music is not a variation on either the slave song or the Dvorak.

I would look to see if you can find the CD producer, the recording people, etc.  Is there any info anywhere on the CD (I'm hoping it's a CD because perhaps we can find something printed there on the liner notes or copyright information we can use to trace)?

I don't know what B.O.F. is.  Can you trace from this term?

How about looking for a list of performances by Ji Hoo?  You might also search on Amazon under his name for recordings.  Also look in Wikipedia.

This is the best I can do.  I'm sorry I can't help you more specifically.

Classical Music

Martha Beth Lewis

I have a PhD in musicology, with expertise in medieval - Renaissance - Baroque - Classical periods, but I'll try to help you with any period.

>>*****IMPORTANT NOTE*****<<: I do not answer questions marked "private." I don't want to type the same thing to someone else later if I typed it to you already! If you mark your request "private," I will send it back to you requesting you to remove the "private" flag. Thanks for your understanding. Remember, I'm a volunteer.

My answers are not toss-offs. If I don't know the answer, I will do my best to find it.

I have many requests to identify a piece of music. If I can't identify it, I will tell you (1) what composer I think it is; (2) what composer or composers I think it is not; (3) what style period, genre, etc. I think it is or is not. And give you any other help I can to help you find the answer.

Please find a clear clip. In the interest of good computer hygiene, I will not download a clip. Nor will I go to a site where I must "register" in order to hear the clip. Please mount the clip on a public site for which you can give me a direct URL. Thanks for your understanding in this. Remember, I'm a volunteer!

Students, I do NOT do homework questions. The purpose of answering questions on assignments is not only to learn the information, but to LEARN HOW TO FIND IT. Re-read chapter. Look in the index. Look in the references given at the end of the chapter or elsewhere in the book. You also probably can find the answer using Google. Don't be lazy. I wouldn't be doing you any favors by doing your homework for you! I already know the answer. You don't. You need to find it. MORE IMPORTANTLY, you need to learn HOW to find it. That's the whole purpose of education, after all!

I ask that you >>COME BACK TO READ MY RESPONSE<<. I've taken time to write the best response I can, so you should come back to read it! It's disheartening to respond to a question, only to see later that the person has not bothered to come back. Remember: I'm a volunteer!

I am happy to help you - that's why I volunteered - but please remember I *am* a volunteer and extend me normal courtesies, such as no multiple submissions and not bothering to come back for your answer. mb

If you submit a question to other Experts or the pool, I'd appreciate it if you would >>NOT<< submit it to me, also. It's like asking several people out on a date and choosing among those who said yes! This implies my time and particular expertise are worth nothing to you. I want to spend my time responding to those who find my qualifications germane to their question. Remember: I'm a volunteer!