Classical Music/trying to find a particular song

so I've been rattling my brains trying to find a particular classical organ song that was on a classical cd sampler that I had a long time ago, i do not know the name, and I would hazard a guess the song is by either Tchaikovsky or Bach, the only other information I can recall is that the length of the song was between 7 and 10 minutes long, and I can recall the tune, but of course that cant be given unless I could sing or hum it and that is hard to do via email, I was wondering if there was a resource that I could use to perhaps search with filters by composer and time length of the piece?

I've had this happen to me before. Sometime, somewhere, when you least expect it, it will come to you! At least it did to me.

There is a big difference between Tchaikovsky and Bach, so I am guessing the CD was by one of those "101 Strings" style groups. It could have been excerpts from Swan Lake or perhaps one of the movements of his Serenade for Strings. The typical Bach pieces are too short for you time frame. Things like Air on A G String are only about 3 minutes. One popular item is the romantic rendition of Pachelbel's Canon and that might remind you of Bach.

You could look through Youtube for the timings but I think you might be looking there for a very, very long time. You could use Google's Advanced Search if you have some time. You can see I entered "dur=s" -- duration = short. If you don't want the command line, you can use the full search page at

If you want to sing or play into your phone, I'll give it a listen. Just record it and send it by email. allexperts -at-

Classical Music

Michael Johnston

I can help with any topic relating to pipe organs, Hammond organs, electronic organs, organ music, organ sheet music, music publishers and publishing, sheet music restoration. If you have a hardware or technical question, I can connect you to an organ builder or technician. Questions may be submitted in any language.

The American Organist, The Tracker, The Diapason, dozens of capsule biographies in music restorations.

Michael's Music Service: Michael Johnston and John Apple, 5 degrees and 50 years experience in organ music, church and concert.