Clayton College of Natural Health/clayton college...

Hi Kay,

Im very appreciative to get your thoughts on this. I completed a B.s. in Natural Health from CCNH in 2009. I have continued in other modalities like energy work and currently life coaching. What I am wondering my degree from CCNH legit? what can I call myself in working with others and what would be a next step in actually doing something with this degree (if its real). I am wondering if I have to go back to school or simply, not be able to work in this field with my 4 year degree. what are some agencies i can go through to get a "title". Sound funny, but I am a person of integrity and this is something Ive been having questions about for some time now.

Thank you so much!!!!

There is a difference between a degree that is legal and one that is accredited. Degrees from Clayton College of Natural Health were legal, but not accredited. You did not say what state you live in, but technically, advertising with a degree from a non-accredited school is a misdemeanor in Texas and Oregon (although to the best of my knowledge it is never held up in a court of law). So, if you don't live in either of those dates then yes, you can practice as a natural health educator with a degree from Clayton. Hope this helps.

Clayton College of Natural Health

Kay Larson

I can answer questions concerning natural health schools. I have also done a lot of research as to what schools are out there, their programs, strengths, weaknesses, etc. I can also answer many questions concerning issues of being a natural health practitioner and the boundaries as to what you can and cannot do. I can also offer guidance as to possible career paths in the field.

I have been a Traditional Naturopath/Clinical Nutritionist for 7 years, but have been involved in alternative health care for over 20. I have written a book entitled: The Handbook for Starting a Business as a Natural Health Consultant: A Guide for the Professional, available on I am also a business consultant for beginning holistic health practitioners advising them about marketing, professionalism, etc.

The American Council of Holistic Medicine

Ventura Life and Style Magazine, regular column on health and beauty, 2005-2005

BA in Education, University of Massachusetts. MS and Ph.D. from Clayton College of Natural Health, Holistic Nutrition