Cleaning Up/Cleaning Products

Question
What cleaning products would you recommend for a wall right before repainting it? And what would you recommend for cleaning hardwood floors?

Answer
Hi James:
I use a gallon of water, 1/2 cup of vinegar,mixed with a 1/4 cup of baking soda. This will fizz and rise for about 2 seconds and may even go over the top of the bucket [a chemical reaction] but then it settles down. This is an old old remedy and the most inexpensive, fastest cleaning mixture you can use. If there is a spot that doesn't want to come off; simply put a little salt on the rag and it wipes right off.
If you want to use something that is on the market, the best product I have found, most economical and cleans fast is Lysol. Your walls will be sparkling clean without straining your arm muscles.
For the floors: I use the same mixture of vinegar and water, but I also use Murphys Oil Soap occasionally. It cleans smells great and makes the hardwood look just like new.
Happy washing!
Jan Hayner

Cleaning Up

Jan Hayner