Cleaning Up/Cleaning stainless steel sink

Question
We had a tile contractor do some work in our kitchen.  He used our stainless steel kitchen sink instead of the laundry slop sink.  After he left, I noticed that the either the stripper or the sealant that he used on the backsplash tile had adhered to the surface of the sink basin, especially in the corners.  I used Bar Keepers Friend, but the residue wouldn't come off.  My husband then used a brillo pad which removed the residue, but then I read that brillo pads can damage the surface of the sink and cause rust.  I've since used a product just for cleaning and polishing stainless steel and after a lot of wiping with a paper towel, the sink is looking better but still a bit dull.  Are we doomed to have a sink that will eventually rust because of the brillo?  Or is there something I can do to prevent this?  I thank you for your assistance.

Answer
Thank you for the question and sorry this happened. There must be a lot of this going around, yours is the 3rd problem like this just the week alone.

I'm not an expert about this so I can only say what others have told me. I'm not sure but I don't think it's residue more like missing finish.

They had to have their pieces replaced and the people that did the work covered the replacement.

One person had it splash on their as fridge and they were able to just get a new panel.

There is a product one company used to put the finish back on and they are very happy. It sounded like how a chip in a windshield might be repaired.

My best suggestion is to call the company, I doubt this is the first time its happened. I hope you can get it fixed, good luck.
-Jamie

Cleaning Up

Jamie Novak