Cleaning Up/Cleaning Companies

Question
Hello!
I want to ask you very specific question. I want to hire professional experts for one off cleaning. I found two cleaning companies in London - House Cleaning London Ltd. and Nice and Clean London Ltd. Can you give me an advice which one to hire and what should I pay attention on.

Answer
Hello Evelin,

Thank you for your question. I'd be happy to share my must ask list of questions.

Also I was able to find a 5 star review for Nice and Clean.

http://www.yell.com/biz/nice-and-clean-london-london-7386473/

I see they both have Facebook pages. It would be nice if someone you know uses one so you could get a personal reference. Sometimes you can ask them for references which you can call.

I'm curious if they will require a contract with you, personally I'd never sign on without at least an initial cleaning to be sure I'm happy. And you'd want to be sure you can get out of the contract without a penalty. Sometimes they require a specific time to notify them you're no longer going to use the service.

I hope this helps. And enjoy your new found time, not cleaning your house can be such a relief and you end up with time to focus on other things. -Jamie

Here are my 7 must ask questions:

1.   What types of cleaning services do they provide? For example some do windows some offer windows for an additional cost.
2.   How high are you able to clean? You want the top of the window sills done etc...
3.   Are They Licensed Insured & Bonded? Are they insured? What happens if something in my home is broken or damaged?
4.   Do they do background checks on their cleaners?
5.   Who provides tools/chemicals? What brands/types do you use?
6.   Can they provide you with a written checklist of tasks to be performed?
7.   What happens if you are unhappy with the cleaning?

Cleaning Up

Jamie Novak