Cleaning Up/Glass in New doors

About three months ago I replaced three entry doors.  Two regular Craftsman style and patio door.  The glasses in all the doors are covered with cloudy substance that sticks to the glass.  The cleaning lady and myself have made some progress on the front door but still looks cloudy in places.  The side door and the patio door look bad.  The side door looks really awful!  We have tried Windex, vinegar, ammonia and Dawn dish soap with a brush.  Can you give me an idea how to clean this off without harming door?  All three doors are fiberglass and were VERY pricey!  Would be most grateful for any advice you can give me.  Maggie

It's difficult to determine what will remove the cloudy appearance in the glass without more information. Could you possibly email us a photo of the glass you are concerned about?

My direct email address is

Robert Lamb
Window Masters

Cleaning Up

Robert Lamb

I'm happy to answer any questions you have regarding the cleaning and restoration of your windows. I can also view your pictures via email and give you advice on what you can do yourself and what needs to be left to the pros. I can also give advise on scratched glass, how to repair it & what caused it. Pressure washing and gutter cleaning are other areas of expertise.

Over 20 years in the window cleaning industry, owning and operating two window cleaning companies, Rob's Window Cleaning and Window Masters and

IWCA, window cleaning network, chamber of commerce

"Window Cleaner" magazine

International Window Cleaning (IWCA) training on man lifts, awning cleaning and window cleaning.

Voted best window cleaner in Western Kentucky.

Applebee's, Cracker Barrel, CVS Pharmacy, Dairy Queen, Dollar General, Edward Jones, Enterprise Rent A Car, Ethan Allen, Fashion Bug, Fazoli's, FYE Music, GNC, H&R Block, Hardee's, Hot Topic, Kentucky Dam Village, Kroger, Logan's Roadhouse, Market House Museum, O' Charley's, Radio Shack, Rafferty's, Remax, Sirk & Co., Stanley Steamer, State Farm, Steak N Shake, Talbots, The Buckle, The Gap, The Outback, Toys Are Us, Victoria's Secret, and hundreds of others.