Clocks, Watches/Inherited clock

indycope wrote at 2008-11-04 14:57:49
I have that same clock.  The model name is the Capulet.  My parents purchased theirs in 1983.  Mine does have 2 brass plates inside the door.  One is the serial number and the other is the heirloom plate with my parent's name and the date they purchased it.  The type of wood is cherry.  It is a beautiful clock.  Take good care of it.  You can download a manual on Howard Miller's website.

Dr. Rico wrote at 2011-09-09 11:20:07
My dad purchased my clock new in March 1986 for $885. Howard Miller website suggested retail value approx. $1800. You can request an plate from Howard Miller but it requires the serial number, which is a brass palte on hte inside of the door.  

Randy wrote at 2014-01-30 21:44:33
I myself just inherited that same clock, model, triple chime etc.

There are 2 brass plates on the inside door 1 is dated 1986 if that helps

Clocks, Watches

John Newman

As much as I would like to offer values of clocks, I am not a certified appraiser and will not venture into giving an unresearched guess. There is very little published information on what I consider to be the value of "modern production clocks". Considerations are what the clock originally sold for, the condition of the case and movement, and particularly the area in which you live, the demand and the economy. ALSO, WATCHES ARE NOT MY FIELD. However, I can advise the clock owner on proper maintenance of a clock to keep it running, small corrections and adjustments and how to move a clock without damaging it. I can also advise on obtaining parts for clocks. It helps if you can send any information on the clock movement which is usually found on the back plate of the movement. I have been a clockmaker for about 35 years and was plant engineer in the mid 90's and later operations and engineering consultant at Emperor Clock Company in Fairhope, Alabama. I now have my own clock shop.

One of my greatest accomplishments was traveling to China to assist a clock factory in building clocks to the standards which we required. With the proper specifications and quality control, some beautiful clock cases were built. The factory people from the wood carvers to the plant manager were very congenial, friendly and I left a lot of wonderful friends when I returned from my trips.

NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors) 30 years Prattville, Alabama Chamber of Commerce

Horological Times, a publication of the American Watch and Clockmakers Instute. Collaberated column author, with Photos and ideas for clock movement conversion article.

Associate of Science Mechanical Engineering Technology Emperor Introductory Clock Repair (Eventually taught a portion of the class after becoming employee)

Small Business of the Quarter (Prattville, Alabama) Leadership Class of 2009 (Autauga County, Alabama)