Clocks, Watches/Korean 31 day pendulum wall clock by "Lava"

Rick wrote at 2010-08-25 20:20:33
  I have a clock just like yours . The key on the left is for the chimes and it turns clockwise . The one on the right counter clockwise .(which is for the clock)

aks wrote at 2013-01-05 11:05:21
I have heard in clock maintainence that clocks that have not been used for many years could become like this.you see that the oil that was used years before become solid jelly-like and accumulates between gears and mechanisms this increases friction in every gear and eventually the clock stops.SO you just need cleaning and maintainance.

BILL wrote at 2014-03-25 21:40:01
I HAVE ONE OF THESE "LAVA" CLOCKS. GOT IT THROUGH MY CITGO CREDIT CARD IN THE EARLY 70'S. ITS RUN SINCE THEN WITH ONLY ONE CLEANING (DID IT MYSELF TODAY) STILL HAVE THE ORIGINAL INSTRUCTIONS. (THATS HOW I KNEW HOW TO TAKE OUT THE MOVEMENT) BLEW SOME COMPRESSED AIR ON IT AND ADDED ALITTLE OIL TO THE SHAFTS. RUNS GREAT

Clocks, Watches

John Newman