Clocks, Watches/Harris & Mallow "Verichon" 162315 Wall Clock

andrew wrote at 2012-04-19 00:37:36
If you still need a replacement movement I have an original movement for your clock.

Sally Murphy wrote at 2014-03-28 22:20:21
My clock, which looks exactly like your, just died. I, too, tried new batteries, but to no avail.  The clock was a wedding gift...and we just celebrated 43 years!  They don't make clocks like they used to make them!!

John Newman wrote at 2014-04-28 16:36:35
Sally, if you have a battery powered clock that lasted 43 years, I will have to agree with you that "they don't make clocks like they used to make them."  That is an exceptional long time!  If you haven't found a replacement for your clock, contact me on Allexperts and I'll try to help you find one.  John Newman

Clocks, Watches

John Newman

As much as I would like to offer values of clocks, I am not a certified appraiser and will not venture into giving an unresearched guess. There is very little published information on what I consider to be the value of "modern production clocks". Considerations are what the clock originally sold for, the condition of the case and movement, and particularly the area in which you live, the demand and the economy. ALSO, WATCHES ARE NOT MY FIELD. However, I can advise the clock owner on proper maintenance of a clock to keep it running, small corrections and adjustments and how to move a clock without damaging it. I can also advise on obtaining parts for clocks. It helps if you can send any information on the clock movement which is usually found on the back plate of the movement. I have been a clockmaker for about 35 years and was plant engineer in the mid 90's and later operations and engineering consultant at Emperor Clock Company in Fairhope, Alabama. I now have my own clock shop.

One of my greatest accomplishments was traveling to China to assist a clock factory in building clocks to the standards which we required. With the proper specifications and quality control, some beautiful clock cases were built. The factory people from the wood carvers to the plant manager were very congenial, friendly and I left a lot of wonderful friends when I returned from my trips.

NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors) 30 years Prattville, Alabama Chamber of Commerce

Horological Times, a publication of the American Watch and Clockmakers Instute. Collaberated column author, with Photos and ideas for clock movement conversion article.

Associate of Science Mechanical Engineering Technology Emperor Introductory Clock Repair (Eventually taught a portion of the class after becoming employee)

Small Business of the Quarter (Prattville, Alabama) Leadership Class of 2009 (Autauga County, Alabama)