Clocks, Watches/hemrle clock 2114

We have this clock worked ok tillsat when we attempted changing time on it now although it ticks ok, hands do not move at all.The clock batteries are new, and the clock only chimes when hands are manulally moved to exact hour, all settings previosly for chiming on the quarter to  etc, ok till we tried this change, any ideas please

Hi Andy, I'm sorry for my delay in answering this question. We've been busy here on the south shore of Long Island, N.Y in the aftermath of our famous storm Sandy. Yes, she was very sandy. We've been digging the Great South Bay out of the house. It's a messy job. All is well. It's only "stuff" and we have been brought together as neighbors and communities through this storm.

Unless the hands are hitting one another and stopping the clock, when a quartz movement goes bad it's bad. It needs to be replaced.

Take the old one out of the case and contact Mark Butterworth in the USA at
Both username and password is butterworth

Let him know what you need and have a ruler ready. You will need to measure the distance of the threaded hand shaft and the handshaft as a hole.

He can send you a replacement movement. Use a Duracell or copper top battery. They have a rounded edge that connects better than other batteries.

In fact I change my whole post here: Change your battery to a Duracell or equivalent battery first. Then check hands. Then have the movement ready to call Mark Butterworth.

Hope this helps,
The Clocklady

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti

This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.

29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist