Clocks, Watches/black forest hermle grandfather clock 1161-850A

This clock keeps time and chimes, however, it chimes at 21 minutes after the hour rather than 15 minutes after the hour.  Is this an easy and inexpensive fix? If this is fixable I want to buy this clock. I found a once in a lifetime deal on it.

Also, if the weights and pendulum are taken off for transport, is it safe to lay the clock down on its back?

Thank you

easy fix you can do yourself-nut holding minute hand comes off and the brass collet with the square hole in it gets rotated with pliers to reposition it relative to the hand --then replace

put twisty tie wire around the cables as one as high up under the bottom of the movement as you can and put a few rubber bands around the black chime rods to clump them all together for mutual support while traveling. remember heaviest weight goes on the right - next in the middle
when putting back on.

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders

any mechanical clock question -no watches- no battery clock questions and no appraisals-ie: "how much is my clock worth?" type questions please! Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks 40 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner

43+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score....