Clocks, Watches/Franz Hermie clock works

Question
Clock works
Clock works  
QUESTION: Dear Kenneth, I have a Franz Hermie clock 340-020A clock  & would like to know ow to silence the chimes.  I have attached a photos of the clock works.  Thanks, Laura

ANSWER: no switch or lever shown on your photo --stuffing something between the hammers and the bottom of the movement will do--piece of styrofoam perhaps?

QUESTION: Thanks for your suggestion but I am trying to determine if there would be some way to deactivate them built into the clock works.  I think I recall some directions years ago that referred to a method that I think involved adjusting the time.  Is this a possibility?

Answer
no
you only show the back side - got a front photo?

some have a lever on the front that lifts the trip arm and holds it up and some had a L shaped lever attached just above the hammers that could be swung down to hold the hammers down.

chimes are the best part!

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders