Clocks, Watches/Franz Hermie clock works

Clock works
Clock works  
QUESTION: Dear Kenneth, I have a Franz Hermie clock 340-020A clock  & would like to know ow to silence the chimes.  I have attached a photos of the clock works.  Thanks, Laura

ANSWER: no switch or lever shown on your photo --stuffing something between the hammers and the bottom of the movement will do--piece of styrofoam perhaps?

QUESTION: Thanks for your suggestion but I am trying to determine if there would be some way to deactivate them built into the clock works.  I think I recall some directions years ago that referred to a method that I think involved adjusting the time.  Is this a possibility?

you only show the back side - got a front photo?

some have a lever on the front that lifts the trip arm and holds it up and some had a L shaped lever attached just above the hammers that could be swung down to hold the hammers down.

chimes are the best part!

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders

any mechanical clock question -no watches- no battery clock questions and no appraisals-ie: "how much is my clock worth?" type questions please! Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks 40 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner

43+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score....