Clocks, Watches/Grandfather Clock won't run with pendulum on

We just moved a grandfather clock my grandfather built from my mother's house to ours.  The clock used to run, but my mother stopped it because they got tired of the chimes.  The clock face says "Made in West Germany" with Tempus Fugit at the top, and i think my grandfather assembled it in the late 60's.

The clock runs with the pendulum off, but only runs for 2-3 minutes at most with the pendulum on.  I've tried getting it in beat per your instructions i've seen on other questions, and the beat sounds pretty regular but it still won't run.  Any other suggestions?  Could it just need cleaning or oiling?  I'm sure that hasn't been done for at least 20 years.

Thank you.

moving might have done something -- broken 1/2 of the suspension spring or you might not have
the thing re-assembled properly - is the heaviest weight on the right? and next in the middle?

if it has been sitting, it may well neeed cleaning and oiling or maybe best to replace the movement entirely at that age-- what are the markings on the rear of the mechanism?

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders

any mechanical clock question -no watches- no battery clock questions and no appraisals-ie: "how much is my clock worth?" type questions please! Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks 40 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner

43+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score....