Clocks, Watches/Grandfather Clock won't run with pendulum on

Question
We just moved a grandfather clock my grandfather built from my mother's house to ours.  The clock used to run, but my mother stopped it because they got tired of the chimes.  The clock face says "Made in West Germany" with Tempus Fugit at the top, and i think my grandfather assembled it in the late 60's.

The clock runs with the pendulum off, but only runs for 2-3 minutes at most with the pendulum on.  I've tried getting it in beat per your instructions i've seen on other questions, and the beat sounds pretty regular but it still won't run.  Any other suggestions?  Could it just need cleaning or oiling?  I'm sure that hasn't been done for at least 20 years.

Thank you.

Answer
moving might have done something -- broken 1/2 of the suspension spring or you might not have
the thing re-assembled properly - is the heaviest weight on the right? and next in the middle?

if it has been sitting, it may well neeed cleaning and oiling or maybe best to replace the movement entirely at that age-- what are the markings on the rear of the mechanism?

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders