Clocks, Watches/need inner part for Quartz clock

Question
hi:  i have a Verichron, Harris & Mallow, clock, which i purchased at Costco about 8 years ago. The instructions with it say: "for World Time Movement".  It is supposed to keekp time locally, PLUS around the world.  it has a dial to set local time and a separate time to set world time.   it will only keep time for about an hour after i put in a new battery, and then it stops.  I have taken to local "All About Time" clock shop, but he could not find any new movement parts for it.  I don't know how to attach photo to this mail.  could i send under separate email withmy same name? thanks you very much.  lee spooner

Answer

Hi Lee,
I don't think I would be able to find new parts for it either. Battery movements go bad and they need to be replaced. You can call Verichron if you can find their number and ask if they have a replacement movement for it.

In the meanwhile you can try a Duracell battery. They have a rounder bottom that holds the battery in more firmly for a better connection.

Hope this helps,
Marilyn
The Clocklady

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti