Clocks, Watches/Older clock movement

We have a grandfather clock we bought about 44 years ago. It has a model 121 works with an E movement. The chimes wouldn't play so I flipper the little lever to make them play thinking that would loosen them up. No they won't stop playing. It appears there are two levers that are back to back on the right side that should work together to stops the chimes but they aren't working together. Is this something I can repair? I see how to get them off but can I buy replacements? Thank You.

Hi Ted,

44 years is a long time for a clock to run. Have you had the clock rebuilt or ~cleaned~ and oiled recently? If not you may need either a complete rebuilding of this clock (and it may be worth it because of the age of the clock} or a replacement movement. If you send me a photo of the movement, back and front if possible, then I can advise you better. Right now, because of the age of the clock, you may need a professional's opinion.

Hope this helps,
The Clocklady

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti

This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.

29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist