Clocks, Watches/Schatz marine clock

Question
Face of clock
Face of clock  

Needed part
Needed part  
My Grandmother purchased a schatz marine clock in ther 1980's while on vacation in Bermuda. The clock worked perfectly until around 10 years ago. When you put the winding key in it and wind it up several turns, nothing happens. Not even a click. My Grandmother brought this clock to an expert who was unsure of why it wasn't working. She visited another expert who mentioned that it needed a part he didn't have. He gave her a slip cut from a catalog that showed the needed part. It is a platform that the catalog calls part# 085620. I have no idea what catalog the page is cut from, but it is page 121. At the bottom of the page there is a little insignia that appears to say S. LaRose, Inc. I don't know if this information is of any use or not but i hope it is. I am interested in having the clock possibly restored to working condition sometime and i would greatly appreciate any advice on this clock on what is needed to fix this clock. I have done many searches online and this clock seems to be uncommon. I have attached pictures for reference.
Thanks for all your help!

Answer
This type of clock would need to be professionally cleaned & overhauled every 10-12 years to keep it in good running condition so given your timeline I would imagine that is what is needed. The part pictured is the balance platform. This will not "wear out". IF it needed to be replaced, it would be due to A, the clock having been dropped, breaking the balance staff and/or cracking a jewel or B, one of the 2 repairmen accidentally breaking the staff or damaging the hairspring while handling it. In either case it would be simpler to have a good watch repairman repair the damage as S. Larose is no longer in business and finding it would not be an easy task. You need to find a qualified repairman at www.awci.com by checking their referral directory. Try to locate someone who is a Certified Clockmaker or Certified Master Clockmaker. You may need to ship it if you cannot find someone within driving distance. Follow their instructions for packing it if you have to ship it. If the balance does need repair for the reasons above, they can get that done.

Clocks, Watches

Steve Guthrie C.C.