Clocks, Watches/Vintage Aamerican Watch Co., Pocket Watch

Hello Melvin:

I have scoured the internet trying to find an American Watch Co.
key wind pocket watch.  I guess you would classify the watch as hunter.    On the face, Am Watch Co logo is arched above Waltham.  Inside the rear cover is stamped Champion on the top line, Coin
in the middle with the number 1218090 on the bottom line.  Can you provide me any info on this? The watch belonged to my great grandfather.  Your assist is greatly appreciated and thanks for
your time.  Warmest regards, Ron Vandevander, Tyone, PA

American Watch Co. became the Waltham Watch Co.  It went by several names.

If you open the case and look at the back of the movement, you will see the serial number.

You can use that to determine the age of the watch.

I am attaching a url so you can see a history of this company.

Kind regards

Clocks, Watches

Melvin Mills

I can answer questions regarding the repair of quartz watches and antique American pocket watches. I cannot give appraisals. My expertise is in watches, not clocks.

I am trained to repair quartz and mechanical watches, both modern and antique. My business focus is on quartz watches and antique pocket watches. I have been in this field for almost 5 years.

I belong to the National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors (NAWCC).

I am a Certified Master Horologist from the National Institute of Horology.