Clocks, Watches/Westminster Clock Motor

Question
I just got an old clock from my grandparents. and the motor was weak, and now dead. I am looking for a replacement motor but don't know what to look for (the motor only has patent numbers on it.

The clock says its

NO. 212 DW
Sessions
Self Starting Electric Westminster Chime

From my understanding it needs a 60 cycle synchonous motor with a 10 pin gear.
the burnt out motor is brass on one side with 2 leads that come out of the top.

Patent #s
1935208
1996375
2049261
1977184
1977185
1977186

Do you know where i can get a replacement or how to fix this one?

Answer
Steve, if you can send a clear photo of the back of the movement with the motor showing and one of the motor, I might be able to help you.  There are a few of these around, but some are hard to come by.  Don't discard the motor.  If one cannot be found, there are members of my Internet Clocksmiths Group that rebuild certain types of these motors.  I won't be in touch with any sources until Monday.  I just checked one of my catalogs and Timesavers carries a Hansen synchronous motor, 1 RPM with a 10 tooth pinion.  It is part number 18404.  You might look on Timesavers On-line catalog and see if that is the one.  Let me know and if not send the photos if you can.  My email address is below.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

(Due to the number of Allexperts questions and
the workload I have at my clock shop, I regret
that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis
other than Allexperts follow ups.)  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman