Clocks, Watches/cookoo clock

Question
When my cookoo clock strkes the hour or half hour it continues to cookoo until the weight hits the floor. I have used clock oil on it to no avail.  If you move the weight up and down slightly when it is doing this you can make the weight stop falling. There are no markings on the works only Germany on the face. Any help would be welcome.

Answer
Hi Richard,

There could be several things causing this.

1- The rack is falling outside of the gathering pallet. The piece that lifts the counting rack up may not be falling where the pin comes around and picks it up.

2- The pin in the gathering pallet has come loose and fallen off. This doesn't happen too often.

You need to take the clock out of the housing and study how the clock cuckoo's and stops. I'd have to write a book here to help you further.

This may be a job for the professional.

Hope this helps.
Marilyn  

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti