Clocks, Watches/digital watch acting up

Question
I have a Seiko all digital watch (alarm, timer, etc.) and it has kept almost perfect time for at least 20 years.  All of a sudden it is gaining several minutes per day.  Normally the numbers blink on and off when the battery is bad so I think it might be something else.  Is it nearing its end or is this something that sounds repairable?

Answer
Ron,

Seiko makes excellent watches, don't they.

20 years is a long life span.  Unfortunately, I think this one is
near the end.

After 20 years, it is doubtful you will be able to find parts for it.

It is nearly impossible to get outdated electronics either.

I would say this:

1. Look on ebay for a similar watch that has the same features (i.e. time, date, chrono, etc.)

You can take that watch to a watchmaker and have him put it in your watch.

2. If you have a picture, post it for me.  I will take a look and see if I can help.

Kind regards

Melvin

Clocks, Watches

Melvin Mills