Clocks, Watches/Empheror Clock model 101 high pallet bridg

what is if any the proper to raise the weights when the clock has run down ? Just got clock running and don't want to mess it up.

Hi Bill,

Yes, pull the chain up without handling the weights. If you take the weight off the chain then you leave room for the chain to come off the sprocket. Just leave the weight alone and pull the chain straight down. When the bottom of the weight comes to the top hinge of the door leave it be.
If it is a cable driven/key wind movement just wind the weights until the bottom of the weights are about at the top of the door.

The Clocklady  

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti

This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.

29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist