Clocks, Watches/ethan allen tempus fugit grandfather clock

My middle chain for the weight came off, was wondering how to replace.

Hi David.

Unfortunately you have to take the movement out of the case to reattach the chain.
You also need to have needle nose plies to take off the end pieces of the chains.

Remove weights and pendulum.
Remove hands from dial.
Under the seat board are two holding screws that attach the  movement to the seat board.

Perhaps you can look up "how to remove a movement from it's case" and watch that. It may take me hours to type out "how to."

A chain wheel is like a bicycle  chain. It goes on one way and doesn't move the other way...

I think you may need professional help unless you want to research this on the internet and give it a few hours of your time....

Hope this helps,
The Clocklady.  

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti

This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.

29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist