Clocks, Watches/Howard Miller Floor Clock

I moved my Howard Miller clock to make room for the Christmas tree.  I had to til ti back about 20 degrees to get it thorough the door.  No bumbs  or problems.  Wehn I sat it back up, it wouldn't run.  Any thoughts?

It probably got knocked "out of beat".
Some movements automatically reset the beat when you give the pendulum a big swing. Try moving the pendulum all the way over to one side and let it swing (be sure it wont hit the sides of the case).
When the pendulum settles down listen to the ticking. The ticks should be evenly spaced in time. If this does not get the clock going again the pendulum hanger may have become disengaged from the crutch. This may be more than you can do yourself and too difficult for me to explain through this site.
Good luck,
clock parts and repair

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi

Clock repair and clock parts questions.

I have been professionally repairing clocks for 17 years. I owned and ran a clock shop for 6 years and I am the owner of the clock parts supply company;

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors

High school graduate, some college, graduate of Niles Bryant School of Piano Tuning and repair.

I perform about 20 clock repairs per week.