Clocks, Watches/Howard Miller Floor Clock

Question
I moved my Howard Miller clock to make room for the Christmas tree.  I had to til ti back about 20 degrees to get it thorough the door.  No bumbs  or problems.  Wehn I sat it back up, it wouldn't run.  Any thoughts?

Answer
It probably got knocked "out of beat".
Some movements automatically reset the beat when you give the pendulum a big swing. Try moving the pendulum all the way over to one side and let it swing (be sure it wont hit the sides of the case).
When the pendulum settles down listen to the ticking. The ticks should be evenly spaced in time. If this does not get the clock going again the pendulum hanger may have become disengaged from the crutch. This may be more than you can do yourself and too difficult for me to explain through this site.
Good luck,
Michael
www.norkro.com
clock parts and repair

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi