Clocks, Watches/tochigi tokei


tochigi tokei 1
tochigi tokei 1  

tochigi tokei 2
tochigi tokei 2  
Hello - We have a Knights and Gibbins clock which has a Tochigi Tokei quartz movement unit. We would like to replace this unit and wanted to know where we can find one. I am sending a photo of the unit. There are 2 numbers on the unit: 19601W and 5081N. Thank you kindly for your help. Cem

We sell quartz movements and can offer you one from another factory. It looks like the minute hand shaft was pulled off the movement when the minute hand was removed. If you use your original hands you will need to take that shaft off of the minute hand. The hand is held to it by a small nut.
The one thing to take into consideration when choosing a movement is the length of that threaded part of your hand shaft. I can't tell how long yours is but it looks like it is between 11/16" (our model MVT2202# and 15/16" #our model MVT2203) You can see them here:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Clocks, Watches

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Michael Radi


Clock repair and clock parts questions.


I have been professionally repairing clocks for 17 years. I owned and ran a clock shop for 6 years and I am the owner of the clock parts supply company;

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors

High school graduate, some college, graduate of Niles Bryant School of Piano Tuning and repair.

Past/Present Clients
I perform about 20 clock repairs per week.

©2017 All rights reserved.