You are here:

Clocks, Watches/Waltham wall clock movement replacement


What mechanical movement can I buy to replace the one missing from my Waltham 31 Day Chime (gong) wall clock?  (Pendulum length seems to be around 16").
Thank you very much in advance for your time!

I know of no current mechanical movement that is designed to replace the 31 day movements. Doing so with avaiable movements involves considerable alteration such as drilling new holes in the dial since the winding arbor placement won't be the same and installing a mounting board to get the depth correct.

Clocks, Watches

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Steve Guthrie C.C.


A.W.C.I. Certified Clockmaker with 35 years of experience. I can answer clock repair or maintenance related questions. Please don't expect answers advising the use of bubble gum, bailing wire or WD-40. I only give advice that is meant to preserve your clock in the best possible condition, not make it worse. No questions regarding clock value or identification. I am not a collector and cannot do valuations. Visit my website at:


Clock repairman in the north Texas area for 35 years. Certification as a Clockmaker through the AWCI since 1986.


I was featured in an article by the Watch&Clock Review regarding my restoration of a tower clock for the Wise County courthouse in Decatur, Tx.

Certification as a clockmaker with the American Watchmakers/Clockmakers Institute since 1986.

Past/Present Clients
General public,Six Flags Over Texas,Collin County,Tx.,Wise County,Tx.,Rapides Bank,Rapides Parrish,La.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]