Clocks, Watches/WELBY GRANDMOTHER CLOCK

Question
MY FOLKS PASSED AWAY AND AS THE ELDEST I ACQUIRED A WELBY 8 DAY WESTMINSTER CHIME CHAIN WIND GRANDMOTHER CLOCK.  WHEN I MOVED IT TO MY HOUSE AND RESTARTED IT , IT KEEPS PERFECT TIME BUT THE CHIMES ARE OFF.  FOR INSTANCE WHEN IT SHOWS 6:00 ( DON'T KNOW IF IT IS AM OR PM ) IT WILL CHIME 4 TIMES.  IT CHIMES ON THE QUARTER HOUR AND HALF HOUR, BUT I AM AT A LOSS WHAT CHIME IS WHICH. YOUR HELP WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED.

Answer
The Westminister chime enunciates as follows; first quarter, 4 notes; second quarter, 8 notes; third quarter, 12 notes; forth quarters, 16 notes.  To synchronize the melody to the real time you need to remeove the minute hand from it's arbor and relocate to the proper quarter hour position.  If you need to do this and have instructions, please advise.  Regards WJP

Clocks, Watches

William J Perkins