You are here:

Clocks, Watches/youn town quartz w/pendulum replacement part


Hello,Ms. Bellotti - my mother-in-law has Westclox wall clock with a young town quartz, #12888, with 2 "AA" batteries, pendulum clock.  The time piece has stopped and I attempting to repair this for her as it has great sentimental value to her, especially since "Dad" passed away.  Any suggestions re: a replacement part for the YTQ 12888 w/pendulum?

Thanks so much!


Hi Ed,

Mark Butterworth of is your best bet here. He has excellent quartz movements at a fair price. I do all my business with him. You will need to know certain information:

The distance from the front of the black box to the end of the hand shaft.
The "threaded" measurement.
What type of hands? Push on or "I" shaft?

Mr. Butterworth  can help you. (563) 263-6759

Hope this helps,
The CLocklady

Clocks, Watches

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Marilyn Bellotti


This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.


29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist

©2017 All rights reserved.