Clocks, Watches/Rensie

Wizzy wrote at 2012-09-28 16:45:40

You are correct. "Rensie" IS "Eisner" spelled backwards and they were out of New York. They used Rensie to avoid the Jewish stigma at that time to sell watches. A common practice at that time. They are Swiss made good quality watches and are sought after by collectors.  

Larry wrote at 2013-01-13 16:47:45
I am a member of the Nathional Watch and Clock Association.  I deal only in clocks.  It appears to me that contacting this organization might give you the information you are looking for.  

I do have a small clock works that has Germany Rensie Watch Co. Inc.on it.  

Laura wrote at 2013-01-19 23:05:01
i too have a Rensie Alarm clock  it belonged to my step mother  probably purchased in the 1930's or 1940's  she lived in NYC  

Jamesbnh wrote at 2013-07-04 02:00:40
I have a Rensie Travel clock in the original box. The instruction sheet has an address for the company:  Rensie Watch Company, INC. Manufacturers and Importers of Fine Time Pieces, 302, Fifth Avenue, New York 1, N.Y. The slip also says Made in Germany.

Lajos BARTHA M.D. wrote at 2016-07-16 08:50:43
Rensie is company from Switzerland. Not German Factory ! ( today Auguste Reymond )

I have watch, name is Rensie Fluid drive, very special, in very nice condition, almost like new one.  If somebody wants see, I can send a picture. My e-mail add. is

Best regards from Budapest Hungary

Clocks, Watches

John Newman

As much as I would like to offer values of clocks, I am not a certified appraiser and will not venture into giving an unresearched guess. There is very little published information on what I consider to be the value of "modern production clocks". Considerations are what the clock originally sold for, the condition of the case and movement, and particularly the area in which you live, the demand and the economy. ALSO, WATCHES ARE NOT MY FIELD. However, I can advise the clock owner on proper maintenance of a clock to keep it running, small corrections and adjustments and how to move a clock without damaging it. I can also advise on obtaining parts for clocks. It helps if you can send any information on the clock movement which is usually found on the back plate of the movement. I have been a clockmaker for about 35 years and was plant engineer in the mid 90's and later operations and engineering consultant at Emperor Clock Company in Fairhope, Alabama. I now have my own clock shop.

One of my greatest accomplishments was traveling to China to assist a clock factory in building clocks to the standards which we required. With the proper specifications and quality control, some beautiful clock cases were built. The factory people from the wood carvers to the plant manager were very congenial, friendly and I left a lot of wonderful friends when I returned from my trips.

NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors) 30 years Prattville, Alabama Chamber of Commerce

Horological Times, a publication of the American Watch and Clockmakers Instute. Collaberated column author, with Photos and ideas for clock movement conversion article.

Associate of Science Mechanical Engineering Technology Emperor Introductory Clock Repair (Eventually taught a portion of the class after becoming employee)

Small Business of the Quarter (Prattville, Alabama) Leadership Class of 2009 (Autauga County, Alabama)