Clocks, Watches/15 day Wuersch mvmt newer clock need info please.

To start let me say I am a 46 yr old woman w/ no clue about clock works!I lucked into an Ethan Allen produced Cherry figure 8 or Ionic(?)clock with what it says is a 15 day Wuersch, West Germany movement at an auction for under $10. It seems to be 99% complete, missing only the key & a piece that connects the pendulum to the movement, it has the rod & weight w/adjustment screw. But it apparently needs another part, because it is not long enough to show in the case. I understand this is no great find, but I grew up listening to my Grams multiple clocks strike wonderful melodies(all set slightly off so the sound took almost the quarter hour if the time was right), so I would LOVE to get this running. When I(slowly)manually move the hands, it chimes correctly at both the hour & the half, & honestly to my laymens ear sounds beautiful. So I am hopeful it may be in order if I can replace these two parts! I have looked for hours and can find no reference to this clock, I know E.A. mass-produced them but have no idea how to figure out WHEN. The movement has a 78 directly above the makers mark & 141-030 below it(also says no jewels)with 38cm/111.15 under that. It has 2 winding points (does that mean this is a gong not a chime? It has 3 hammers& rods, 2 are connected)And my last question is purely for aesthetics but seeing as this is a mass production, non-antique clock, would it be TOTALLY BLASPHEMOUS for me to paint the face~ or maybe even replace it with a nice vintage one? I love anything older than I am, and this is obviously trying to look like it is, sadly it really doesn't pull it off very well.But if the change would risk the clocks work, or worth ~I guess I'd rather this than something that did a better job looking old but required 110 volts, or a AAA battery! Thank you in advance for ant information or advice, Karen

you are still older than this clock

it is 35 years old--1978 it was made by Hermle co in Germany 141-030 is their part #
pendulum is 38 cm long from the suspension spring post to the regulating nut under the round disk.

paint the dial if you want- not a valuable antique
clock has a "bim-bam" strike on the hour and the half hour

the pendulum assembly hangs from a round short post at the top of the back of the mechanism --there is the suspension spring:

then the pendulum leader hooks on to it:

then your pendulum itself:

sounds like the leader is missing might be Timseavers # 15395  which is a little longer --not sure the 93 is 4" and the ...95 is 5 1/2"  measure from the post to the bottom of the pendulum and get about 15" overall and see how much the gap measures--

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders

any mechanical clock question -no watches- no battery clock questions and no appraisals-ie: "how much is my clock worth?" type questions please! Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks 40 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner

43+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score....