Clocks, Watches/setting chimes for clock

Question
I HAVE A SHIPS CLOCK THAT WAS AWARDED TO ME AS A SERVICE EMBLEM FOR 25 YEARS OF SERVICE WITH DUPONT.  IT KEEPS GREAT TIME, IS ATTRACTIVE AND A CONVERSATION PIECE.  HOWEVER, I CAN'T FIGURE OUT THE THE CHIMING STRATEGY FOR THE CLOCK.  EVERYTIME IT GETS TO THE HOUR, IT CHIMES 4 TIMES.  IS IT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT FOR EVERY HOUR OR SHOULD IT STRIKE THE APPROPRIATE NUMBER OF TIMES FOR EACH HOUR.  EXAMPLE: 2 TIMES FOR 2:00 OCLOCK.  IF SO, HOW CAN I SET THE CHIMING MECHANISM TO STRIKE THE APPROPRIATE TIME?  THANK YOU.
WOODY

Answer
ships time has 4 hour watches or blocks of time  adding 1/2 hour single strike beginning at 12:30 4:30 and 8:30 ending at 12 4 and 8 with 8 strikes

if it does not do that - you have an internal problem that requires service from a clock repair pro.

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders