Clocks, Watches/Willard Patent Banjo Clock

Question
I am looking for information on the movement enclosed in the Willard Patent Banjo Clock my grandfather in law owns. On the back of the movement the following is engraved, "Mason & Sullivan Co., Made in West Germany, No (0) Jewels".  Also inside the clock was a paper that referenced instructions on how to install a "BA90 Movement".  We may need to replace the whole movement due to the fact we think the main spring is the trouble but have not had success yet on the internet or what books we have on hand.  Does this information ring any bells?

Answer
Hi, Shawna.  I will check my old Mason and Sullivan catalogs and see if I can cross-reference the M&S BA90.  It might possibly have been made by Hermle with the M&S name on it.  Any additional bits of information would help, particularly a photo of the movement.  Send it to my shop email address below and I will do some checking.  If the movement is still made, it would be a direct replacement.  If the movement is from another manufacturer or not available any more, a substitution would probably require some modifications such as mounting changes and a replacement dial which might be difficult to find.  The best option might be a restoration of the original movement.  But first send the the information and we'll see what we can do.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman