Clocks, Watches/Howard Miller grandfather

Question
Model #610-185 Serial # 03600408. Givin to my mother for 43 years of service at the phone company. I want to sell it but don't know even a ballpark figure.I believe she received the clock in 1990, as that was the year she retired.The clock is a Tempus Fugate.If you need I can take some pic's. Any knowledge would help. Thank You.

Answer
William, the Tempus Fugit is Latin for "Time Flies".  It is customarily placed on a globe on an arch dial when the clock does not have the moving moon dial feature.  At the first of my Allexperts personal bio, I state that I do not give values:

REQUESTS FOR APPRAISALS

My main Internet contact is through the Allexperts Website.  The statement in my Allexperts personal profile states that I am not a certified appraiser and therefore do not give values of clocks.  If you have a clock that is antique or vintage, I would suggest consulting an antiques dealer or certified appraiser.  On what I consider modern production clocks (WWII and later) there are very few of these clocks that have any available history of values, and a significant number of these clocks depreciate from the original selling price with time.  The values of a few limited production and top line models have risen.  Generally, the value of a modern production clock will depend on the original selling price (usually not the retail listed price), the condition of the case and movement, and most importantly, the area in which you are selling the clock, the demand and the economy.  I suggest you check listings for a clock similar to yours in local classified listings, selling venues such as Craigslist and Internet auction sites like eBay.  I'm sorry I cannot help you more.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman