Clocks, Watches/Loben Grandfather clock w Tezuka J movement

Question
I am working on a Loben Grandfather clock with a Tezuka J movement. A few pieces are missing, such as the suspension spring for the pendulum and both weights. Do you know where to get a manual for this movement and where to purchase parts?

Thank you!

Scott

Answer
Scott, I apologize for my delayed answer.  I am on vacation and decided not to go on Allexperts Vacation Status, but have been traveling and am now on line with my laptop.

I do not know anything about Loben clocks, but the important thing is knowing about the movement.  I have worked on a couple of Tezuka movements in my career but not many.  They are Japanese.  You can find some information on them by Googling the name Tezuka.  As far as technical information, I have none.  If you can send a clear photo of the back of the movement to me at my shop email address below, I might be able to help you with the suspension spring.  When we are looking for weights for an unidentified clock here is the procedure we use.  Hang a container from the chain (or cable) of each function.  I start with the time train.  Add water, sand or similar, and when the function runs reliably, weigh the container.   That weight plus 10% will be the weight required for that function.  After you have done all three, send me the values and I will find you some sources for the weights.  In the meantime I will contact my Internet Clocksmiths Group and see if anyone has any further information on your clock and movement.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Due to the number of Allexperts questions and
the workload I have at my clock shop, I regret
that I cannot answer personal email questions
on a timely basis other than Allexperts follow ups.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman