Clocks, Watches/Re: Warner Instrument Co. Ships Clock

Question
Hi John,
I recently acquired what I believe is a ships clock. On the Arabic dial the clock is marked just below the center arbor "Warner Instrument Co. Beloit,Wisconsin". To wind up the clock there is a side winder at the number 4. The clock measures 3" Depth and 3 3/4" across the face. There is a slow/fast adjust above the number 12 and a small seconds hand below the number 12.I could not find out alot of information on the Warner Instrument Company making ships clocks.I know they made odometers and car clocks. I did find a similar clock to mine and it was connected to the Chelsea Clock Company and the Warner Instrument Co. Did these two companies merge together? Did Warner Instruments use Chelsea clock movements? They mentioned the clock would date to the early part of the 20th century. Is this a correct date for my clock? The clock runs great and is a quiet runner as per the tick. Is the movement of a highly quality? Approximatley how much do these clocks sell for? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Mark
P.S. Sorry I will try to send you a photo of the clock when I get my camera charged up.

Answer
Mark, I apologize for the delay in my answer.  I was on vacation and decided not to put myself on Vacation status.  You had said you were going to send me a photo and I forgot that I was supposed to answer your question anyway.

I do not know anything about the relationship between Warner and Chelsea.  However I will send an inquiry to my Internet Clocksmiths group and see if anyone has any information as to the relationship between Warner and Chelsea.  I should get some answers the first part of the week. I would like to see a photo of the clock which will help.  If you will, send it to my shop email address below.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Due to the number of Allexperts questions and
the workload I have at my clock shop, I regret
that I cannot answer personal email questions
on a timely basis other than Allexperts follow ups.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman