Clocks, Watches/Tempus fugit clock

I'm having trouble finding the value on this particular clock that was given to me. It's battery operated (AA) and there are no numbers or stamps of any kind- on or inside the clock. The only thing I have is the name Tempus fugit on the front. Any information that you have will be very appreciated. I'm basically trying to figure out whether or not it's a true tempus fugit or a knock off. Is there anyway you can help????

Hi Jeni,

Tempus Fugit means "Time Flees." Your clock has a battery movement which means it is not a true mechanical movement. Compared to mechanical clocks this would be considered a "knock off" and really isn't worth that much money.

I don't do appraisals on line but the clock would not sell for more than $200 if in excellent and working  condition. You can look on ebay to see what they have sold for.

Hope this helps,
The Clocklady  

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti

This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.

29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist