Clocks, Watches/Tempus fugit clock

Question
Clock
Clock  
I'm having trouble finding the value on this particular clock that was given to me. It's battery operated (AA) and there are no numbers or stamps of any kind- on or inside the clock. The only thing I have is the name Tempus fugit on the front. Any information that you have will be very appreciated. I'm basically trying to figure out whether or not it's a true tempus fugit or a knock off. Is there anyway you can help????

Answer
Hi Jeni,

Tempus Fugit means "Time Flees." Your clock has a battery movement which means it is not a true mechanical movement. Compared to mechanical clocks this would be considered a "knock off" and really isn't worth that much money.

I don't do appraisals on line but the clock would not sell for more than $200 if in excellent and working  condition. You can look on ebay to see what they have sold for.

Hope this helps,
Marilyn
The Clocklady  

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti