Clocks, Watches/Hamilton Mantle Clock

Question
QUESTION: I have  a Hamilton Mantle clock (76) twc 2 jewels unadjusted 1050-020.  It has the moon above the clock face.  It chimes on the hour but bot hitting all the chimes and sounds like it starts at the end and then the front.  Does not chime on the 1/4 hr and does not chime the hour.  Also runs a little slow.  Would like to know if I can adjust it.  I have worked with mechanical and electronic machines most of my life.
Thanks

ANSWER: confused here...... you say it chimes on the hour and then you say does not chime on the hour??

can you explain? ken

QUESTION: It does chime on the hour. Set to west chimes. sounds like it starts at the end of the 16 notes and then finishes at the beginning.  It does not chime on the 1/4 hr and does not chime the hour after the 16 notes.  Also the moon position never changes and it runs a little slow.
Thanks

Answer
balance
balance  
back of mechanism has 3 external gears - loosen the set screws on the top one and turn till uopu get what you should have for notes (4 decending at 1/4 after) and re-tighten.

moon position depends on a gear attached to the front of the movement on the hour hand driving the gears on the back of the dial and a pin on one of them engaging the moon dial once in 24 hours and rotating it to the next notch.  
lets revisit the other questions after you do some work.
slow is covered here: see picture below

As to the loosing 5 min./week: Little tricky but..here is photo (below)of the regulating unit on the top rear of your clock movement- hold the rim of #6 while moving any one of the 3 prongs on #5 as far as it will go to the right with a pencil. This will make it go as fast as it can without overhaul.

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders