Clocks, Watches/Hermle 1171-890 -114CM 9 tube chime train gears

I have cleaned this movement several years ago.
I am having trouble with the chime gear train.
The barrel ,1st and 2nd gears mesh fine.The proble I have is with item#26 in the Hermle service manual.It looks like there is a secnd wheel right under the first one inside the plates which engage gear #2 .It also goes out the back of the movement to power the hammers.
That gear item #26 does not have the second wheel attached or it fell off. I can`t believe  that because I`m sure it is pressed on.
The strike and time gear trains line up properly.
I don`t have a second Hermle 1171-890 to look at to see what I have done wrong. Just kind of scratching my head on this problem

Frank, my illustrated parts manual does not include the -890, so I cannot reference the parts right now. I thought I had one in the back storage area but it is a Kieninger.  You say you are having trouble with it.  From the description of the "missing" wheel, are you saying that there is one gear or pinion on the arbor but not another do do the driving?  I will try to check on my Internet Clocksmiths Group for any suggestions.  But first it will help if you can send me a digital photo of the area in which there might be a missing wheel.  You can send it to my shop email address below.  Then I'll get back with you.

John Newman
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman

As much as I would like to offer values of clocks, I am not a certified appraiser and will not venture into giving an unresearched guess. There is very little published information on what I consider to be the value of "modern production clocks". Considerations are what the clock originally sold for, the condition of the case and movement, and particularly the area in which you live, the demand and the economy. ALSO, WATCHES ARE NOT MY FIELD. However, I can advise the clock owner on proper maintenance of a clock to keep it running, small corrections and adjustments and how to move a clock without damaging it. I can also advise on obtaining parts for clocks. It helps if you can send any information on the clock movement which is usually found on the back plate of the movement. I have been a clockmaker for about 35 years and was plant engineer in the mid 90's and later operations and engineering consultant at Emperor Clock Company in Fairhope, Alabama. I now have my own clock shop.

One of my greatest accomplishments was traveling to China to assist a clock factory in building clocks to the standards which we required. With the proper specifications and quality control, some beautiful clock cases were built. The factory people from the wood carvers to the plant manager were very congenial, friendly and I left a lot of wonderful friends when I returned from my trips.

NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors) 30 years Prattville, Alabama Chamber of Commerce

Horological Times, a publication of the American Watch and Clockmakers Instute. Collaberated column author, with Photos and ideas for clock movement conversion article.

Associate of Science Mechanical Engineering Technology Emperor Introductory Clock Repair (Eventually taught a portion of the class after becoming employee)

Small Business of the Quarter (Prattville, Alabama) Leadership Class of 2009 (Autauga County, Alabama)