Clocks, Watches/Howard Miller Ball Clock Parts

Question
I have a Howard Miller wall ball clock with black balls. I am looking for two rods and black balls for this clock. They measure 4 3/4" long  the balls measure 1 1/4" wide. My clock dates from the 1950,s or 1960,s thanks

Answer
Perry, if this is the modern electric or battery powered clock, these types were probably made by the hundreds and I don't know of any parts that are available.  You could check on an Internet auction site such as eBay for a good price on a used one, like not working.  I did a quick search and did not see any at the present. I am not familiar with the construction, but I would think that it might not be too difficult to make them or have them made.  A clockmaker or hobby type person might could do it for you.  If you can't find anyone to do this, I could probably make them if I had one of the good ones as a sample.  Do they unscrew from the body of the clock and what material is the ball?  I would think the rod would be steel.  Also, when making parts to match the original, the paint finish should be the same.  Sometimes it is best to repaint the originals with the same paint as the new ones.  Of course the value of some clocks can be diminished if the original characteristics are changed.  I would think this might not be the case with your clock.  However, I do not know the degree of collectability is with your clock.

John Newman
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

Clocks, Watches

John Newman