Clocks, Watches/Bulova - No Sound

Question
I have an Bulova B8844 that does keep time but it does not play any chime on the hour. When I put a new battery in it stared playing a chime. Even with the new battery the clock will not play any chime on the hour. This clock has three settings o it for sounds, 2 are songs and one is silent. I have tried switching the sound but it still didn't play any chimes. Is there anything else I can check to see why the sound

Answer
Hi Tom,

When a battery operated clock stops working it usually means it's time for a new movement. Since these are electronic circuit boards there is no repairing, only replacing.

The only other suggestion I can make is to try a "copper top" battery. They fit better in the battery holder than some other batteries.

If you want to try to replace this movement yourself there are instructions on line that show you how to do it. klockkit has helpful hints for the measurements you will need.  http://www.klockit.com/depts/HelpfulHints/dept-431.html

If the movement will fit in your case I like the Quad movements sold by Mark Butterworth. I prefer the sound quality of them. ( 563) 263-6759.

Hope this helps.
Marilyn
The CLocklady  

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti