Clocks, Watches/colonial grandmother clock

Question
I asked and you answered a question earlier today about the chimes on my clock not working - I put the weights on in the right order, but it still wasn't chiming.  

Well, it started chiming again after almost an hour, and so far it's still working, but I need to set the time.  (1) is there a right way to set the time, and (2) is there a way to make the hour hand more exactly line up with the correct hour instead of being where the "ten-minutes-to-the-hour" would be?  (Does that make sense?)  And by the way, THANK YOU!

Answer
Theresa, in your previous question, I did not realize that the clock probably had not run a full hour when you sent the question.  When the time is set and the chimes are out of sequence, they will hold up until the full hour is reached.  This can take up to one and sometimes two hours, depending on the last chime that sounded.  On the hour hand alignment, let the minute hand come to the top of the hour and chime.  When the clock strikes, count the number of strikes and gently slip the hour hand to that hour.  In your case, you would move the hour 10 minutes ahead to the hour.  You're doing good!

John Newman  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman