Clocks, Watches/Hamilton Wall Clock

WE recently purchased a beautiful Hamilton Wall Clock at an Estate Sale.  I was chiming so pretty up on the wall I just had to have it.  WE took it down, taped the pendulum still and took it home.  It now keeps perfect time but has not chimed since we reset it and put it up.  What can I do.  I love the chime sound!

Hi Cindy,

Is this a battery operated clock?
When you reset a button you may have turned off the chimes inadvertently. You can try to take out the battery and replace it with a new one. That may reset everything. Look at the buttons on the back of the clock to see if there is an on/off button, a volume button or any other buttons.

Let me know what happens. It's hard to diagnosis problems like these without seeing the clock. There are so many different types of quartz chime clocks and they all work a bit differently.

Hope this  helps,
The Clocklady

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti

This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.

29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist